Are you interested in working with the nation’s largest independent software testing company? Read on!
QualiTest is looking for a Test Engineer in New York, NY 10001
The Test Engineer will have responsibility for designing, developing, and executing quality assurance testing against multiple customer facing applications. Candidate will provide detailed test case development, software testing, verification, and certification of deliverables across the systems development and implementation lifecycle.
Your day to day -
- Review project documentation as a basis for testing documentation and product understanding
- Design and development of test strategies, detailed test cases and manual test scripts
- Test data development
- Execution of browser / OS compatibility testing
- Execution of component testing and integration testing
- Facilitates user acceptance testing and usability testing
- Tracking and communication of testing efforts – Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Conduct test passes on new software as well as regression passes on existing systems
- Works closely with software engineers in the development, execution, and results of tests
What you bring to the team?
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in system testing and quality assurance positions in the area of Software Engineering/Application Development and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have experience testing web, GUI, client/server, and database applications
- Experience with all aspects of SDLC management, with expertise in the testing and release management stages. Experience with Agile a plus.
- Experience working with web application servers
- Good understanding of CMM processes and procedures
- Proven track record in developing high quality test cases and scripts.
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with high volume, high-availability applications.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, and interact daily with all levels of staff, including system developers and business analysts.
Required Technical Skills:
- Testing Software: HP QC/ALM
- DBMS: Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle
- Software Development: Knowledge of C, C#, XML, JAVA, WebLogic, HTML
- Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, Visual Intercept, Jira
- Project Management Tools – Microsoft Project, Microsoft Project Server
- Have continuous access to and work with Senior Testing Specialists and Practice Experts
- Be a part of a Leading testing company globally recognized as a Visionary by Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Work with cutting edge technology in a company built by testers for testers, this is what we do!
- As a global company, we offer unique placement opportunities around the world.
- Our QualiTesters are the reason for our success, we constantly encourage career development and promote from within.
Intrigued to find more about us?
- Visit our website at www.qualitestgroup.com
- For more job openings, check our Career page
If you like what you have read, send us your resume and let’s start talking!